Surgical oncologists at the University of Maryland work with medical oncologists and radiation oncologists in comprehensive, multidisciplinary teams to provide evaluation and therapy for colorectal cancer. We treat patients with primary, advanced and recurrent disease.
University of Maryland Medical Center was recognized as a High Performing Hospital in Colon Cancer Surgery in U.S. News & World Report’s 2017-18 edition of “Best Hospitals”.
Our services include:
- Large bowel/colon resection
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST)
- Anal/sphincter preserving surgery for rectal cancer (preserves the anus and sphincter muscle and avoids a permanent colostomy bag)
- Treatment of advanced tumors of soft tissue (sarcoma), stomach, pancreas and rectum
- Videoscopic surgery, including minimally invasive (laparoscopic) staging and diagnosis
Appointments & Information
To schedule a consultation with a UM colorectal surgeon or for more information about our services, call 410-328-7320.
419 West Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
University of Maryland Specialty Care
11340 Pembrooke Square, Suite 202
Waldorf, MD 20603
5890 Waterloo Road
Columbia, MD 21045