University of Maryland Faculty Physicians, Inc. (FPI) prides itself on attracting the best to join our team. We offer highly competitive salaries, tuition reimbursement, an excellent flexible benefits package, employer paid pension, commuter assistance, the opportunity to earn incentives, awarding winning training and development programs, and a rewarding work experience.
FPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring process involves the following steps to ensure that all potential team members are treated fairly and in accordance with state and federal laws. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability. If assistance is needed when applying for a position for which you are qualified, please contact the FPI Human Resources office at 667-214-1212.
- Application / resume submission. Applications are accepted online. Please click on the position of interest to apply for any open position for which you may qualify. Applicants are required to answer additional questions attached to the job application. An acknowledgement email will go out to all candidates that submit their application. A resume is required with all application submissions.
- Pre-employment testing. Select positions may have screening tests that are used to determine proficiency in a particular area or skill. Pre-employment testing may be administered in the FPI Human Resources office or completely remotely.
- Application/resume screening. All applications are reviewed by the HR Representative to make sure that minimum job requirements are met. The HR Representative forwards qualified applicants to the hiring manger. The HR Representative or department representative will notify those applicants that are selected for on-site interviews.
- Interviews. Candidates selected for on-site interviews are normally notified by phone or email by the HR Representative or department representative. The candidate will meet with the hiring manager for an on-site interview. At select interviews, the candidate may meet with the HR Representative who will provide an overview of FPI’s benefit programs.
- References and Criminal Background Checks. The HR Representative verifies employment references with prior employers for all candidates under serious consideration. Criminal background checks are required for all positions. Criminal background checks are completed after a conditional offer is made. Additionally, all candidates are screened for sanctioning by the Office of the Inspector General (OIG). All confirming offers are contingent upon successful completion of these checks.
- Drug Screening. Candidates selected to join our team must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen. All tests are scheduled and paid for by FPI Human Resources. All confirming offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the drug screening.
Confirming Offers. After successful completion of the steps outlined above, the HR Representative will confirm the job offer, determine a mutually acceptable start date, and arrange the orientation sessions.